Hair loss is an aesthetic problem, especially in young and middle-aged men. With today's technology, hair loss and baldness are no longer fateful. One of the most demanded aesthetic applications in men is hair transplantation. Today, the demand to achieve the desired appearance is accepted as a natural demand for men as well as for women.
One of the reasons for hair loss is hair cosmetic products such as mousse, gel, hair spray, which are wildly used. hair cosmetic products. Some of the hair cosmetics products kill the follicles in the hair follicles over time and hair loss develops. Unbalanced diet and especially heavy diets poor in protein can cause hair loss. The importance of protein in hair growth is known. This is why we recommend a diet rich in protein after hair transplantation.
Hair loss may occur due to factors such as familial, genetic factors, excessive weight gain and loss, hormonal changes in pregnancy and after pregnancy, various diseases, nutritional disorders, drugs used, gender and aging.
What is a Hair Transplant?
Hair transplantation is a surgical operation that involves the transplantation of the person's own hair follicles, which are usually taken from the nape area, to the areas that have completely shed or have decreased hair density. The FUT technique is not preferred because it causes scarring after hair transplantation operations. FUE, DHI and Percutaneous methods are much more advanced methods than FUT. The technique to be applied to the patient in transplantation procedures is decided by determining the needs of the patient after carefully examining the hair structure and shedding density.
DHI Technique in Hair Transplantation
The DHI hair transplant technique, which started to be applied in 2016, is the first choice of women among other procedures as it does not require cutting or shaving. DHI hair transplantation is an application where quality hair follicles, which are collected from the donor area, are placed in the transplantation area with the help of special pens. In the DHI method, the medical device that helps the grafts to be placed, resembling a pen, can perform grooving and root placement at the same time, allowing the roots to be planted in a shorter time.
The DHI procedure, performed with local anesthesia, starts with loosening the hair follicles with the help of a special device and collecting them one by one. The grafts, which have a piece of tissue on them while they are collected, are placed in the transplantation area with the help of a special medical pen after they are subjected to separation. DHI is performed under local anesthesia as in other hair transplant procedures.
The procedure, which takes 6-8 hours on average, provides a very natural result, especially on the front hairline. Because the front hairline requires both an intense transplantation and a narrow angle of the transplanted hair follicles. With the help of Choi, it has become quite easy to make both dense planting and to catch the necessary narrow angle.
FUE technique In Hair Transplantation
Worldwide and the most preferred method of hair transplantation procedures known in Turkey and FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) technique. The FUE procedure starts with cutting the hair. After local anesthesia is applied to the donor area, the hair follicles loosened by the micro-motor are removed with a medical device similar to tweezers.
If the follicles taken are kept at room temperature, it causes hair follicle death within 2 hours and therefore results in loss of transplantation. For this reason, it is the healthiest method to keep the roots taken in cold isotonic or Hiposol fluids. In this way, hair follicles can continue to live outside for 6 hours. When the root collection is completed, the area of the patient to be transplanted is anesthetized with local anesthesia.
The channels where the hair follicles will be placed are opened with blades called Blades and the roots are transferred to their new places. After the transplantation process is completed, the donor area is covered by dressing. FUE hair transplantation is a technique that takes 6-8 hours on average and allows maximum root transplantation. With this technique, 3000-4500 grafts can be transplanted. Since the patient is under the effect of local anesthesia during the operation, it does not feel any pain. It is an ideal technique for hair loss caused by burns and injuries, as well as being a successful transplantation method for people with sparse hair or who have lost their hair completely.
Percutan Technique in Hair Transplantation
Percutaneous hair transplantation is a special hair transplant technique that can be applied in very few clinics around the world. The Percutan method is an advanced hair transplant technique that heals quickly and gives a very natural appearance. Since less solution is used compared to other hair transplant techniques, post-procedure edema is less. Compared to other techniques, it is more difficult for the practitioner and requires more detail. For this reason, it is usually completed in two consecutive sessions. It is possible to transplant 60-70 hair follicles per square centimeter in this special technique, which enables very dense transplantation. Because of this feature, it is ideal for patients who experience recessions in the front hairline. After all the hair of the patient is shaved, the donor area is anesthetized with local anesthesia.
Hair follicles are collected by loosening with a micromotor as in the FUE technique. After the collection process, the area to be transplanted is anesthetized and channels are opened with micro-tipped needles. The difference of the percutaneous method is these needles used to open channels. The canals opened with micro-tipped needles allow frequent transplantation, as well as being the exact size of the canals with the hair follicles, so that the hair follicles can more easily hold and adapt to the transplanted area. Another advantage of micro-tipped needles is that they enable very narrow angled channels to be opened. Thus, 8-12 months after the procedure, very lush and natural looking hair can be obtained.
After Hair Transplantation
- You should stay away from heavy work that will make you sweat, tire and cause you to take a shower continuously. In addition, hair follicles will be damaged due to sweating and will not be able to grow in a healthy way.
- You should stay away from stressful and tense environments. Because stress is one of the most important causes of hair loss. If you have lost your hair especially due to stress, do not be in stressful environments after hair transplantation.
- After the hair transplant, you should stay away from sexual intercourse for a few nights.
- You should definitely not drink alcohol since you will need antibiotics after hair transplantation. Alcohol will be harmful for your newly transplanted hair as it will enter your circulatory system directly through the blood.
- It is possible to feel partial pain and fatigue after hair transplantation. Tension may also be experienced due to the local anesthesia given. If you use the medications recommended by your doctor, these complaints will disappear completely within a few days.
- For the first few days, you should lie on your back as much as possible and avoid touching anything with the treated area. If the application is also done on the back of your head, you must lie face down.
- Edema may occur if you lie on the transplanted area after hair transplantation. You don't have to worry about that. These swelling will disappear within a few days.
- The next day of hair transplantation, the bandage placed on the area where the hair is taken from the neck should be removed and the dressing should be done. And then, a bandage will be attached to your forehead to prevent edema from falling from your head to your forehead and eyes.
- From the second day after hair transplantation, no application is made to the transplanted area. Only drugs and solutions prescribed by your doctor should be used.
What to do in the first 3 days after Hair Transplantation
- Hair should not be washed on the first day. On the second day, you should go to the hospital and have a dressing on your neck area. Washing the hair is recommended only after the 3rd day. If washing is done before, it will be difficult to get the desired result from hair transplantation.
- For the first three days, you should avoid the sun as much as possible. If you absolutely need to go out, it is recommended to wear a hat made of soft fabric that will not bother your head.
- It is essential to take care that the area where the hair is transplanted does not come into contact with any place and not be hit.
- It is necessary to avoid smoking, coffee, tea and alcohol consumption in the first 3 days. Since these are substances that directly enter the blood and contain drugs or stimulants, your newly planted hair follicles will be affected very quickly.
Hair Transplant Problem for 15 Days
- The hair transplantation area must be protected from sunlight and rain for at least 15 days.
- It is necessary not to go into very hot or very cold environments, to wash with warm water instead of hot or cold water, to stay away from Turkish bath, sauna, pool and sea. Such places will also increase your risk of infection and reduce the success of the operation.
- It is essential to wash your head, which you did not wash for the first 3 days, every day for 15 days with shampoos with a pH value of 5.5, antibacterial and low chemical content. These types of shampoos will kill bacteria and germs on your scalp and allow the hair follicles to grow.
- About a week after the hair transplant, scars on your scalp disappear and scabs fall off. The incisions or scars formed during the operation will be completely removed. You don't have to worry about this.
- In the days after the operation, small rashes or pimples can be seen in the parts where the hair follicles are taken. If you use your medicines regularly and pay attention to your hygiene, they will pass after a while.
- When the hair is to be washed for the first time after 3 days, it is recommended to wash it in the applied center. This provides both post-operative control and since the materials used are professional, the washing process does not cause any problems.
- The special solution given for you to use after hair transplantation should be used regularly and carefully. It is very important to use it especially for the first 15 days. During this period, this lotion to be applied with fingertips once or twice a day should be rinsed with warm water after waiting for approximately 45 minutes and then the scalp should be washed with an anti-bacterial shampoo with PH 5.5. While washing, it should be applied with soft movements and massage.
- Everything you need to do after the operation will be explained and shown to you one by one.
- Approximately one week after the washing starts, the wires in the transplanted area begin to fall off. Seeing this, you don't need to panic or think that a hair transplant is not working. This is a natural process. A few months after the operation, new hair will begin to grow from the roots placed 1.5 cm below the skin.
- Scabs on the scalp begin to shed from the 10th day after hair transplantation. If this shedding is delayed due to your skin structure, you can facilitate this with soft massage movements while washing.
- After hair transplantation, it is very important that your transplanted area is clean and hygienic. If itching occurs on the scalp, report this to your doctor and ask him to recommend a medication. Substances such as jelly, spray, briyantin should never be applied to the transplanted area.
- You should be careful not to use hair dryers or styling products for a few months after hair transplantation. Because the hot air coming out of the blow dryer or dryer damages the planted roots. It is recommended to dry with a towel as much as possible.
- You should take maximum care for your hair to stay healthy and grow for 1 to 1.5 years after hair transplantation. You should use shampoos with low chemical content, rely on this after your hair starts to grow, take care of cleaning, avoid all kinds of substances and harsh movements that will affect your hair and scalp. Even if hair transplantation is performed with aesthetic concerns, it is a medical practice. Therefore, before having a hair transplant, you need to do a detailed research and find an application center specialized in this area. Otherwise, you will not be able to meet your expectations and you may lose money and even experience health problems. In particular, you should listen to your doctor carefully, use the medications he gives, follow his recommendations and go to regular check-ups. It is best to contact your doctor and do the applications he will tell instead of finding solutions for the problems you experience after the operation.
- The things to be considered after hair transplantation are as important as the operation. There is no reason for you not to regain your old hair if you follow the rules and behave carefully so that you can get the result you expect from the hair transplant you have done by going through financial and physical burden.