Face and Neck Aesthetics
As the age progresses, loosening and sagging occur on the skin as well as on the neck and face. Thus, the angle between the neck and chin disappears. In those who gain and lose a lot of weight, the lower jaw is small or the chin is behind, the skin under the neck becomes slack at an earlier age. In overweight people, skin abundance is added to the area under the chin, which we call doublechin.
Non-surgical procedures have become quite common in aesthetics. Devices that work with botox, filling, radiofrequency and laser energy are at the service of people in many centers. With the success of these methods, it is possible to manage until the age of 50s. In fact, some face types may look younger by having these procedures performed at intermittent periods, perhaps even longer. However, after the age of 50, gums that cannot be resolved by other procedures begin to occur on the face of most people. At this stage, facelift becomes essential. Irregularities in the skin, especially in the jawline and neck area, and the skin folds in front of the ear are quite disturbing.
When and how do we decide on face and neck aesthetic surgery?
Generally, obvious signs of aging occur in the face and neck area in women over the age of 50. Deep wrinkles in the eye and forehead, ringing under the eye, prominent smiling lines, lower rim of the mouth, squaring of the jaw corners due to the accumulation of skin, vertical bands formed as a result of the loosening of the neck muscles and the abundance of pouch-like skin under the chin. are the main ones. When we detect these findings, we apply face, eyelid and neck lift procedures together.
What should be considered after face lift surgery?
One day after the operation, the drain placed behind the ear to prevent the accumulation of fluids in the area is removed. Post-operative ice application speeds up the healing process. You are discharged on the second day of the operation. Sunglasses may be brought along to wear on discharge. Sutures on the face and eyelids are removed after 1 week. Bathing is done on the 4th day of the operation. It's normal to have a numbness on the face that resolves in about a few weeks. Use gentle gestures while applying makeup and combing your hair. You should avoid heavy exercise such as sex and heavy housework for at least two weeks. Activities such as alcohol, steam bath and sauna should be avoided for a few months. Sunscreen creams should be used regularly for up to 6 months. Swelling and bruises disappear in 3 weeks. Usually, you can return to work in two weeks.
Will there be any visible scars after facelift surgery?
The scars that will occur are minimized with the special sewing and dressing materials used in general. The scar is invisible as its top and bottom part is between the scalp. It is not obvious when the scar around the ear is in the ear and face merging line. If the complications described below (bleeding, infection, skin loss seen frequently in smokers) develop, the wound healing will be delayed and there may be scars requiring treatment.
What else can be done to increase the effectiveness of face lift surgery?
• The eyes can be enlivened with the Botox treatment around the eyes and forehead.
• Facial skin can be revitalized with 4-6 sessions of chemical peeling and facial mesotherapy that will begin 3 weeks after the operation.
• Lines around the mouth can be reduced by filling the mouth and lips.
Will there be any visible scars after neck lift surgery?
The scars that will occur are minimized with the special sewing and dressing materials used in general. Surgical incisions are made along natural skin folds and are hidden behind the ear and in the scalp. If the complications described below (bleeding, infection, skin loss seen frequently in smokers) develop, the wound healing will be delayed and there may be scars requiring treatment.
Double chin Liposuction
Over time, the appearance of doublechin appears as a result of the fat accumulation and the loosening of the skin's elasticity and the relaxation of the underlying muscle, and the prominence and sagging of fat bagging under the chin. Liposuction surgery is performed under general anesthesia to correct the tickle appearance. However, if there are sagging and skin folds, in addition to liposuction, the muscle is properly stitched and the skin sagging is also tightened.
Liposuction is a very comfortable procedure for the patient after surgery. The patient is usually discharged home the next day and can return to work and daily activities within a day or two.
- Since the neck skin will sag after doublechin liposuction, it is recommended to be performed together with neck lift surgery.
- Since double chin liposuction prevents sagging in the skin, better results are obtained when performed with neck lift surgery.
What are the risks of neck and face lift surgeries?
- Bleeding: Although rare, bleeding problem may be encountered during or after the neck lift operation. If bleeding occurs after the operation, emergency drainage treatment or blood transfusion may be required. Aspirin and similar drugs should be stopped ten days before the operation because they increase the risk of bleeding. Hypertension that is not under medical control can also cause bleeding during or after the operation. Bleeding under the skin can delay healing and cause bad scarring.
- Infection: Infection is usually not expected after this surgery. In rare cases, if an infection develops, additional antibiotic treatment or surgery may be required.
- Bad scars: Although a good wound healing is expected after surgical intervention, scars may occur due to some genetic features or skin losses we encounter in smokers. Additional treatments may be required for these scars.
- Nerve damage: Motor and sensory nerves may be damaged during the facelift operation. There may be weakness or loss in facial movements after face lift operation. Nerve damage can cause temporary or permanent loss of facial movements and sensation. This type of damage can heal over time. Damage to the sensory nerves of the face, neck and ear area can cause temporary or permanent numbness. Painful nerve is very rare.
- Hair loss: Hair loss may occur in areas where the skin is pulled up during the surgery. This situation is unpredictable.
- Long-term effects: As a result of old age, weight gain or loss, sun exposure and some other conditions, your face may have subsequent changes. Facelift surgery does not stop aging or provide constant tension of the face and neck. New surgeries and treatments may be required in the future to preserve the results of facelift surgery.
How is the recovery process after surgery?
- Preventive antibiotics are administered to reduce the risk of infection during face and neck lift operation.
- At the end of the surgery, small drains are placed to prevent the risk of bleeding. These drains are painless and easy to remove.
- During the two days in the hospital, there is almost no pain. After that, simple pain relievers are sufficient.
- After the control to be made on the 5th or 6th day of the operation, the patient can get on the plane and travel.
- Patient will be able to travel within a week after operation.
- It is useful to use a special face mask corset for the first 3 weeks. This corset helps swellings pass faster and heal.
- After three weeks, swelling decreases to a great extent and the patient can return to social life.